Monday, November 2, 2009

Another day in paradise

Who hasn't ever had this happen to them??

You have a shop full of workers, one of your co-workers clients is not happy with her hair.
She informs other workers of this when the said co-worker is not there.
You just happen to walk in at the exact moment that all of this is going down. Now, this said co-worker is a touchy one. And rather possesive of "her" clients. Claims them all the first go around. Anyway, the problem we are talking about is that the clients hair is too dark and said co-worker really won't listen to her about it. She wants her hair to be a 9g which is a light golden blonde. the color she has is a light brown and when the sun hits it it has a nice pinkish red tint to it, and has about 1 inch new growth which is white. Just lovely....
So here I am, not wanting her to go to another shop and wanting her to like her hair. What's a hairdresser to do?
Well, I will tell you. I do it! Knowing that the next time this client comes in the shop and said co-worker sees the hair all hell will break lose! But that is the soap oprea of a beauty shop.
I bleach the color off her hair using Blonde Icing Power Lift with 30 vol. Pull her to a nice pale blonde. Shampoo, condition and dry the hair.  Mix her color formula- Socolor, 1 1/2 oz. 9g and 1 oz. 9 apply to the bleached area, then go back on her roots with 9. As I don't want the roots to be hot in any way. And after nearly 2 1/2 hours we have a beautiful blonde. I might say that her hair looked great.
 Now the trouble with doing other co-workers clients without their knowledge is a tricky one. You can use all tack when confronted with it in the end. Which I will, but will this be enough?? Well it really depends on the worker. And in this case it probably won't be enough. And I anticipate some issues coming up in the near future. But I did my part. Now as a professional we must use our wits about us and not be drawn into a huge argument in the shop, as this really isn't good for business. The best I can do when this all comes to a head is just look the other way and go on with my day. Which is just what I will do!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey i believe when someone tells you they will find another shop it's time to take action.Why can't you take the money someone else will get it. She was not happy with her other operater. She certainly needed the work she looked bad and so did her hair. GOOD JOB Don't think for one minute your co-worker would done the same